Greek Tourism – Heaven for all
Declaration on the Sustainability of Greek Tourism focusing on Employment
Facing the Greek tourism sector current labour conditions, we, the signatories of this declaration, are willing to promote quality practices in all their aspects to create working conditions leading to a “paradise” for all those involved.
- Tourism is important not only for the Greek economy and employment, but the promotion of Greek culture and the implementation of green growth policies, as well.
- Tourism is a source of prosperity and social cohesion, as well as a driving force for Greek citizens’ progress.
- The Greek tourism product is highly complex and has numerous peculiarities in the local, domestic, and international environment.
- The contribution of each and everyone involved in Greek tourism is important.
- I understand the operation and interdependence among all factors of the tourism production process whatever the place, position, level, product, or service.
- I respect the role and contribution of organizations and bodies regardless the position they come from.
- I believe that all those involved should take the appropriate and necessary actions to strengthen the production of a dynamic and competitive Greek tourism product of great added value.
- I participate in the Greek tourism market conscious of my role and responsibilities both as an individual and as its ecosystem member.
- I accept the expression of different opinions, attitudes, perceptions, beliefs, and culture of those working in the Greek tourism sector.
- I intend to contribute to the creation of a safe working environment for my associates, opportunities for quality working and living conditions, with sound employment, remuneration and insurance policies to the extent of their choice, resilience, or ability.
- I commit myself to provide rewards and incentives according to everyone's contribution, offer skill development opportunities and ensure quality and balance conditions in professional, social, family, and personal life.
- I undertake to offer my services with dedication, responsibility, empathy, collegiality, respect for diversity and compliance with the Conduct of Business Rules.
- I am trying to adopt an attitude and behavior compatible with unwritten and written rules and laws, social values and conventions that ensure work ethic.